30.8.08

@George Washington University

VO: why are you going to US?
ME: For Master's in Engineering Management.
VO: Why GWU?
ME: the course structure is very good and my graduate advisor is Ass. Prof. ... he has published several journals and books . So, I would like to work under him.
VO: which other admits?
ME: I had applied for 9 universities and got admits from 8 universities.
VO: which are they?
ME:(It was along list and while answering this I told that i got funding from one university.. and she jumped on her other question..:()
VO: You got funding..So, why are you investing so much in gwu?
ME: basically the course structure is very good and its good ranked university.
VO: Stop saying that course structure..you had said it so many times! you are not answering my question
ME: Ok!(I got some what panic at this moment)there are some subjects like ...and ... at gwu which are not available at other universities.
VO: who is sponsoring you?
ME: My parents are sponsoring me and also i have taken a loan.
VO: So, you have loan. How much?
ME:...lacs.
VO: what is the interest rate?
ME:(actually I was not expecting this question)...%
VO: how will you pay back?
ME: I can bet on good job in India after my graduation.
VO: How will you pay in installment or whole some at a time?
ME:(It was also not expected!!)in installment!
VO: what is your father?
ME: He is civil Engineer in Irrigation Department of Maharashtra Goverment! (after she took my application packet and removed I-20 from it and passed to me and the golden words came out)
VO: Ok ! I am issuing you VISA. Will be couriered to you!
ME: (This time also I had forgotten to say THANK YOU!!:) While taking my folder I realized that and said ) Thank you!!

No comments: