31.7.08

@University of Houston

VO - How r u?

me - hello madam im fine how r u?

VO - I'm fine

I passed on the folder

VO - You seem to have a first class ( seeing the provisional)

me - yes madam

VO - So u r going to university of houston, why this university?

me - I said that this university has a good electrical engineering department, and
it has ood coursework. It is very good for student who are planning for thesis.
And I am planning for thesis.

VO - So which topic are u planning to do a thesis?

me - I want to specialize in microelectronics, and I am planning for a thesis in VLSI
process integration (i checked the thesis areas in the univ website, at times
this helps)

VO - So you seem to have a scholarship of $1000.

me - yes mam, I also have an out-state fee waiver.

VO - ohh so the amount in the I20 is instate aahh? ok, so how r u planning for the
remaining fees?

me - My father has a savings of 10 lakhs which wud be sufficient for my first year, and for second year I have applied for bank loan. Due to the formalities of the bank, they are still processing my application and I haven't been received the sanction letter yet,
but I am confident that I'll get the loan

VO - ok enjoy houston, its a nice place, and study well

No comments: