25.6.08

Experience@Univ of Houston

Me: Good Afternoon sir(time was 12:05 then). How are u doing ?
Vo: I am doing good. How about you ?
Me: I am doing well sir.I then passed the blue folder to the vo.
Vo kept on checking the docs particularly my gre and toefl reports and was typing something in the sytem.
Vo: So, why are u going to US ?
Me: To pursue master's in comp sci at UHouston
Vo: whats ur field of interest ?
Me: Comp networks sir
VO: what sort of oppurtunities are there in this field ?
Me: MAny sir, like comp admin, Network analyst or even as a network prog.
VO: what are u particulary interested in Comp Networks
Me: Parallel Computing sir( thought it was going on more technical and it is to my advantage because i prepared very well for these questions)
Vo: tell me more about parallel COmputing
Me: Said with some example.
Vo: Whats ur UG and whats ur % ?
Me: Comp Science and 70%
Vo: Any backlogs ?
Me: No sir
VO: Whats ur father ?
ME: Bank employee. Working for SBH for the past 30years.
VO: Have any siblings?
Me: Yes sir. She is already married and working now.
Vo: How much savings do u have ?
Me: About 10lacs sirThen he gave me my papers back and asked for ma left hand thumb impression and asked me to carry those papers to the us as i need to submit at the immigration office there.
Vo: Congratulations, I am issuing u visa
Me: Thankyou sir, Have a good day
VO: You too
Me: Thanks sir :)

No comments: