27.6.08

Experience@Univ of Houston@Pink card

me: HI Officer Gud Mrng...
VO: Gud Mrng..
me: Hw u doin sir...???
VO: Ill be fine if u tell me the truth...
me: well certainly sir..( tuk my blue folder which had gre ds forms etcc...)
VO: so wat specialization r u planning to take.???
me: Advanced Computer Networking Sir..
VO: telll me wat do u know about networking...??
me: communication channel between computers and information exchange...
VO: wat is an IP Packet ??
me: data or information to be sent is divided into packets and sent..IP packet consists of to and from address...
VO: Wats ur father ???
me: he is an asst. General Manager in a Nationalised Bank..
VO: wats his annual income..??
me: its 7.16 Lks sir also we hav interest amounting to 50,000 every year so it makes his annual income 8.16 Lks sir..
VO: fine when did u take ur GRE...( now he tuk my I-20 and was reading it very carefuly)..
me: on july 16th sir...
VO: wats ur pass percentage...???
me: its 74.90 sir..im a first class student with distinction...
VO: im impressed boy so u really work hard...
me: yes sir....
VO: when is ur reporting date..( he was searching for it in the I-20)
me: its on 18th of august sir( here both of our answers overlapped then we smiled..and he gave me back my I-20 and gre toefl score reports.... i was a bit happy...he was typing something in the computer..i knew i had answered properly and confidently soo was expecting the golden words..but unfortunately came the answer).
VO: See kid...ur application seems to be absolutely fine...but there are certain regulations we need to follow...keep ur passport with u for a while...(here my face changed he saw it and said immediately) dont worry kid..im not rejecting u...its only that im giving u a pink form...we need to verify some information...which will take about 2-3 weeks.me: do i have to come again for the interview...
VO: no kid...dont panic or get disheartened....u dont have to come again for an interview..just take the case id and check the status online as soon as u have recieved clearance give ur passport at the VFS in hyd....they will get u ur stamping done...soo cheerup kid...ok..
me: ok officer thanq...

No comments: