25.6.08

Experience@University of Pittsburg

i looked into the cabin......
VO waved me in......
Me:hi, good afternoon sir
VO:no reply(typing into the comp)after some 30 secs(it felt lik ages)
VO:HI(a lil too loudly)
Me:hello...
Vo:so why US???
Me:(usual crap)IT has the best research avenues n all....so i dint think of any place else.
VO:im flaterred(sarcastically)I remained smug.
VO:do you know ur the 20,000th person Im interviewing....i guess i'll give it to u...Me:smiling now........
VO:im fed up now..will loose my sanity soon.....so who r sponsoring u?
Me:Family funds sir,My parents r sponsoring me for higher studies.
My experience: a happy ending:)...ctnd(MPH\DPH)
VO:so wat r ur parents doing?me:my father is an advocate in the high court of mumbai n mom a housewife.
VO:ok...did u give GRE?wat was the score lik?
me:1380 sir.
VO:hmm...thats remarkable.which other colleges did u apply to???
me:UNI of pittsburg, UNI of new jersey, Uni. of suny albany
VO:so wat was the result?
me:sir i got a reject from suny albany, awaiting others yet..
VO:so wat r u doing now?
me:sir i completed my BDS last year n after dat hav been working as a clinical assistant,GDC, mumbai.
VO:very good.......
VO:VISA APPROVED..u lik a honest doctor to me:)..(i almost jumped with joy....)
me:Thank you :)Have a nice day sir........i took my I20 n was off............all smiles on my face.P.S.all throughout the interveiw.....he dint ask me for a single document......
ADvice:be confident.
dont lose hope ..n dress smart in western casuals...(girls atleast dont need to wear formals)

No comments: